Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Stuff For My Granddaughters

It has been so long since crocheting has been a substantial part of my days that I had forgotten how much I truly love it.


Raising four children, finishing school, and finding my place in the business world has taken up most of the last 15 years with the occasional afghan or other project finding a place among text books, Upward basketball games, or Girl Scout meetings.


My dear friend of 24 years, Jocelyn Sass is the most diligent and hard-working mother, designer, editor and writer I know. She is a wonderful encourager and I look forward to attending the Knit & Crochet Show next month in Buffalo, NY and spending time with her and so many other talented individuals!


While off work for six months in 2008 I settled in at home and did some serious crocheting--the fact that I was a relatively new grandmother and was expecting two more grand babies later in the year was a HUGE motivator and made it all the more fun.


Big Pig was so much fun to make. He worked up very quickly and delights my sweet Emma.



Little Leo was made for Hannah who loves all wild and farm animals. Even though he is made with size 3 cotton and a B hook, he also worked up in no time.


The last project I completed was supposed to be a polar bear but at some angles looks more like a dog.


Poopsie Polar Bear's ambiguous features would be a concern if he had been designed for anyone other than my precious Autumn. If it can be squeezed, mangled or chewed she'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment